It's take your pets to church day
BLESSED are the cats, dogs and gerbils...Children and grown-ups are invited to take their pets along to a special service being held next month at St Paul's Church, Thuxton.
BLESSED are the cats, dogs and gerbils...
Children and grown-ups are invited to take their pets along to a special service being held next month at St Paul's Church, Thuxton.
The organiser, churchwarden and retired Dereham veterinary surgeon Alan Stevenson, says all creatures great and small are welcome to attend, from horses to hamsters.
There will be a blessing, and Alan will speak about the importance of pet animals and birds to
You may also want to watch:
people's quality of life.
The service will be a group gathering of the Barnham Broom Church of England parishes, and Alan pointed out: “Part of the reason for having a pet service is to encourage people, especially the children, to come along to church who might not normally think of doing so.”
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
The service takes place on Sunday, April 13 and starts at 11am, although Alan is asking those who would like to attend with their pets to arrive 15 or 20 minutes earlier.