It's take your pets to church day
BLESSED are the cats, dogs and gerbils...Children and grown-ups are invited to take their pets along to a special service being held next month at St Paul's Church, Thuxton.
BLESSED are the cats, dogs and gerbils...
Children and grown-ups are invited to take their pets along to a special service being held next month at St Paul's Church, Thuxton.
The organiser, churchwarden and retired Dereham veterinary surgeon Alan Stevenson, says all creatures great and small are welcome to attend, from horses to hamsters.
There will be a blessing, and Alan will speak about the importance of pet animals and birds to
You may also want to watch:
people's quality of life.
The service will be a group gathering of the Barnham Broom Church of England parishes, and Alan pointed out: “Part of the reason for having a pet service is to encourage people, especially the children, to come along to church who might not normally think of doing so.”
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 3 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 4 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Campaign group slams smoking ban at council headquarters
The service takes place on Sunday, April 13 and starts at 11am, although Alan is asking those who would like to attend with their pets to arrive 15 or 20 minutes earlier.