Jazz for the summer
A multi-talented singer will be jazzing up summer evenings in Wells by singing at The Globe Inn supported by top jazz musicians. Stella Goodey has been a jazz singer for 15 years and has released 3 CDs in that time, the last of which is selling worldwide.
A multi-talented singer will be jazzing up summer evenings in Wells by singing at The Globe Inn supported by top jazz musicians.
Stella Goodey has been a jazz singer for 15 years and has released 3 CDs in that time, the last of which is selling worldwide. She sings at The Globe between tours specialising in singing Edith Piaf, Billie Holiday and Bessie Smith numbers and in her spare time she is writing her next album.
Stella will be joined by several experienced jazz musicians who have worked with big names such as the late Humphrey Lyttleton, Peggy Lee, Acker Bilk and the Ted Heath Big Band and calls the group which she describes as her dream team Stella and the Starlights.
Stella said: “Jazz is my first love and it is great to get together with good friends in the industry to play here. The Globe has a really relaxed feel which is why it is the perfect location for us to get together.”
You may also want to watch:
The Globe Inn has also launched summer barbecues with a local flavour from lunchtimes through to evenings every day, weather permitting, when favourites such as sirloin steaks, sausages and burgers will be on the griddle and will be joined by other local seasonal favourites.
There is no additional charge to guests or diners for the jazz evenings at The Globe and they take place from 7-10pm on Thursday and Sunday in the courtyard or restaurant if wet throughout the summer.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
For further information about The Globe or to reserve a table to hear Stella sing visit www.holkham.co.uk/globe or call 01328 710206