New life on Gressenhall’s farm for Easter holiday fun
- Credit: Archant
As spring takes hold on Gressenhall Farm, it's all about those loveable lambs this Easter holiday at the Museum of Norfolk Life.
Poor Little Bo Peep has not only lost her sheep, she has also mislaid a number of other possessions, from her bonnet to her basket. Explore the farm, track them all down and collect a special reward.
Discover more about the life of a shepherd and his tools, with the chance to handle fascinating objects from the museum collection. Get creative in Art Attack! and make your own fluffy sheep to take home.
For some additional fun, join us on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and meet the shepherd in his hut. Find out about the different breeds of sheep that live on the farm, from the Norfolk Horn to the Suffolk and the Southdown. See how fleece is turned into wool and make your own woollen flower on a kitchen fork.
The main workhouse building has been redecorated as part of 'Voices from the Workhouse', a three-year Heritage Lottery Fund funded project which will transform the museum displays to tell the real stories of the people who lived and worked here.
You may also want to watch:
Gressenhall Workhouse has a fascinating history, and the work to date has shown that this building still has many secrets to reveal. Come and take a look around the workhouse as you've never seen it before, in advance of the creation of the new exhibitions which will be installed in late 2015.
For more information, please see www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/gressenhall
- 1 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town
Loveable Lambs runs daily from Saturday March 28 to Sunday April 12, with the exception of Bank Holiday Monday April 6, for the Spring Fair special event. Some activities are timed.
Admission: adult £10.50, concessions £9.50, young people (4-18) £7.50, family ticket (1 adult + all children) £22, family ticket (2 adults + all children) £30.
Norfolk Museums Pass holders free.
Please note, special event ticket prices apply for Spring Fair.