On your marks for a wheely fun village fete at Gressenhall
- Credit: IAN BURT
Traditional fun and games will once again be on offer at the annual Gressenhall Grand Fete which takes place on Saturday.
The event starts at 1.30pm but activity around the village starts tomorrow evening with judging of a Decorate a Wheelbarrow competition.
They will be displayed in people's gardens around the village and a tour of the entries by tractor and trailer will start at 7pm from the Green. This is being sponsored by Norfolk Games & Frames.
Entertainment on the Green on Saturday includes stalls, Punch & Judy show, bouncy castle, donkey rides, tea tent, barbecue, beer tent, vintage vehicles, plants, cakes, face painting, tombolas, competitions, coconut shy and more.
The ever popular Soap Box Derby will take place at 3pm on an oval track around the Green and this year competitors are asked to decorate their contraptions to the theme of emergency vehicles.
New for this year is a tug-of-war competition at 4pm.
The fete closes at 5pm but there is free evening entertainment from 7pm with local bands, hog roast, barbecue and beer tent.
- 1 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 2 Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- 3 Village chapel could be converted into homes
- 4 Troops parade through Dereham after being given freedom of the town
- 5 Why this Dereham store is attracting athletes from across the UK
- 6 Chance to try leisure centre for free at open day
- 7 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 8 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 9 Developer requests not to contribute £100,000 for affordable housing
- 10 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
Anyone able to donate cakes, plants, books, bric-a-brac is asked to do so on the day or before.
Wheelbarrows need to be in place by 4pm today for judging tomorrow. Entry forms are available at Gressenhall shop or from Leigh on 07900 567087 or email email@example.com.
The soap box has to be operated by two crew members and be non-motorised. All ages can enter and some fabulous prizes are available for winners.
Entry forms from Andy Bush on 01362 869129 or Kevin Daniells on 01362 860984 or pick up an entry form from the village shop.