Only Fools and Horses star to return to Breckland
Only Fools and Horses star Roger Lloyd Pack has been lured back to Breckland by villagers who are passionate about bringing the arts to their communities.
After playing to a packed village hall in Swanton Morley last year during the Breckland Rural Theatre Festival, the actor will return to the district in April for performances in Whissonsett, near Fakenham, and New Buckenham, near Attleborough.
Best known as Trigger in Only Fools and Horses, Mr Lloyd Pack will be touring with theatre company Wonderful Beast.
Its performance of Yes – The Adrian Mitchell Show celebrates the life and work of political poet Adrian Mitchell.
Next month's productions have been organised by the villages' 'promoter groups' which were set up last year as part of the Breckland Rural Theatre Festival.
You may also want to watch:
The villagers, who are all passionate about bringing the arts to their communities, booked Wonderful Beast through Creative Arts East's (CAE) Village Stage scheme which aims to being high quality productions to rural areas.
Last year's Breckland Theatre Festival was organised by Breckland Council and CAE.
- 1 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 2 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 8 Council increases street cleaning after duck poo complaints
- 9 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 10 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
The newly-formed promoter groups took on much of the organisation, including selling tickets, arranging the venue, providing refreshments and promoting the events locally.
A number of the groups have continued to work with CAE.
Adrian Stasiak, Breckland Council's executive member for communities and benefits said he was delighted they were still going strong. He added: 'Thanks to their efforts residents will be able to enjoy live theatre on their doorsteps.'
Yes – the Adrian Mitchell Show will be staged at New Buckenham Village Hall on April 1 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call 01953 860708 or visit Simon Cattermole Butchers on King Street, New Buckenham.
The show will be performed at Whissonsett Village Hall on April 2 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call 01328 700010 or 01328 700288 or visit Whissonsett Post Office on the High Street.