Only Fools and Horses star to return to Breckland
Only Fools and Horses star Roger Lloyd Pack has been lured back to Breckland by villagers who are passionate about bringing the arts to their communities.
After playing to a packed village hall in Swanton Morley last year during the Breckland Rural Theatre Festival, the actor will return to the district in April for performances in Whissonsett, near Fakenham, and New Buckenham, near Attleborough.
Best known as Trigger in Only Fools and Horses, Mr Lloyd Pack will be touring with theatre company Wonderful Beast.
Its performance of Yes – The Adrian Mitchell Show celebrates the life and work of political poet Adrian Mitchell.
Next month's productions have been organised by the villages' 'promoter groups' which were set up last year as part of the Breckland Rural Theatre Festival.
You may also want to watch:
The villagers, who are all passionate about bringing the arts to their communities, booked Wonderful Beast through Creative Arts East's (CAE) Village Stage scheme which aims to being high quality productions to rural areas.
Last year's Breckland Theatre Festival was organised by Breckland Council and CAE.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 5 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 6 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
The newly-formed promoter groups took on much of the organisation, including selling tickets, arranging the venue, providing refreshments and promoting the events locally.
A number of the groups have continued to work with CAE.
Adrian Stasiak, Breckland Council's executive member for communities and benefits said he was delighted they were still going strong. He added: 'Thanks to their efforts residents will be able to enjoy live theatre on their doorsteps.'
Yes – the Adrian Mitchell Show will be staged at New Buckenham Village Hall on April 1 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call 01953 860708 or visit Simon Cattermole Butchers on King Street, New Buckenham.
The show will be performed at Whissonsett Village Hall on April 2 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call 01328 700010 or 01328 700288 or visit Whissonsett Post Office on the High Street.