Only Fools and Horses star to return to Breckland
Only Fools and Horses star Roger Lloyd Pack has been lured back to Breckland by villagers who are passionate about bringing the arts to their communities.
After playing to a packed village hall in Swanton Morley last year during the Breckland Rural Theatre Festival, the actor will return to the district in April for performances in Whissonsett, near Fakenham, and New Buckenham, near Attleborough.
Best known as Trigger in Only Fools and Horses, Mr Lloyd Pack will be touring with theatre company Wonderful Beast.
Its performance of Yes – The Adrian Mitchell Show celebrates the life and work of political poet Adrian Mitchell.
Next month's productions have been organised by the villages' 'promoter groups' which were set up last year as part of the Breckland Rural Theatre Festival.
The villagers, who are all passionate about bringing the arts to their communities, booked Wonderful Beast through Creative Arts East's (CAE) Village Stage scheme which aims to being high quality productions to rural areas.
Last year's Breckland Theatre Festival was organised by Breckland Council and CAE.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 9 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 10 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
The newly-formed promoter groups took on much of the organisation, including selling tickets, arranging the venue, providing refreshments and promoting the events locally.
A number of the groups have continued to work with CAE.
Adrian Stasiak, Breckland Council's executive member for communities and benefits said he was delighted they were still going strong. He added: 'Thanks to their efforts residents will be able to enjoy live theatre on their doorsteps.'
Yes – the Adrian Mitchell Show will be staged at New Buckenham Village Hall on April 1 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call 01953 860708 or visit Simon Cattermole Butchers on King Street, New Buckenham.
The show will be performed at Whissonsett Village Hall on April 2 at 7.30pm. For tickets, call 01328 700010 or 01328 700288 or visit Whissonsett Post Office on the High Street.