Quilters and stitchers plan tasty safari
Norfolk's quilters and stitchers love two things - exciting, stimulating fabrics to use in their creations - and scrumptious home-made cakes.They won't be disappointed on either front this weekend as Castle Quilters makes its sixth “fabric safari” to Mileham Village Hall on Saturday from 10am-3pm.
Norfolk's quilters and stitchers love two things - exciting, stimulating fabrics to use in their creations - and scrumptious home-made cakes.
They won't be disappointed on either front this weekend as Castle Quilters makes its sixth “fabric safari” to Mileham Village Hall on Saturday from 10am-3pm.
“Who would have thought when we embarked on our first safari to Norfolk in February 2003, that this would become such a regular and well-attended event for local quilters and fabric lovers,” said quilter Magie Relph of The African Fabric Shop.
“This year, we're welcoming two new East Anglian participants - Threads 'n' Things from Colchester, which stocks a wide range of quality embroidery threads, and Kiwiana from Newmarket, which carries exciting fabrics from New Zealand.”
You may also want to watch:
Special guest quilter, Annette Morgan, former president of the Quilters' Guild and winner of numerous awards, will also
display some of her latest textile creations.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
As with past events, this year's Mileham safari looks set to attract more than 100 enthusiastic quilters and stitchers, intent on finding vibrant batiks, exotic beads and threads - as well as a delicious cake.