Runner backs up charity fundraising
WHAT'S this - a London Marathon contender trying to get a head-start on a horse?Not quite, but Mattishall's 'Fast Freddie' French hopes to gee up his charity fundraising in advance of the big occasion when he holds a fun race night in his home village on Saturday.
WHAT'S this - a London Marathon contender trying to get a head-start on a horse?
Not quite, but Mattishall's 'Fast Freddie' French hopes to gee up his charity fundraising in advance of the big occasion when he holds a fun race night in his home village on Saturday.
Freddie is expecting about 120 people to turn up at the Memorial Hall for the event. Places had nearly all been snapped up this week, but you might still be able to number yourself among the also-rans if you give him a call on 01362 858675.
Any remaining tickets will cost �5.50, and the doors open at 7.30pm for an 8pm first race.
You may also want to watch:
As reported previously in the Times, Freddie has labelled the London Marathon appearance - his fifth - on Sunday, April 26 as his 'Nifty at 50' run to mark his reaching his half-century.
He is also running in memory of close friend and Welborne community stalwart Jon Harvey, who died at the beginning of the year, and is raising money for the Children with Leukaemia charity.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 5 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 6 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
You can sponsor Freddie at www.bmycharity. com/niftyatfifty