Scarecrows will be out in force on July 5 and 6 for the Wood Norton Scarecrow Weekend.The event will be officially opened on the Saturday by Wally Webb and visitors will be able to stroll around the village or take a tractor ride to see more than 30 scarecrows between 10am and 4pm.
Scarecrows will be out in force on July 5 and 6 for the Wood Norton Scarecrow Weekend.
The event will be officially opened on the Saturday by Wally Webb and visitors will be able to stroll around the village or take a tractor ride to see more than 30 scarecrows between 10am and 4pm.
There will also be numerous stalls, including a tombola, white elephant, plants , cakes, craft stands, a miniature railway, bowling, a story-teller and the unmistakable sounds of a beautiful organ from Thursford.
Tea and cakes will be served or you can enjoy a ploughman's lunch
with a glass of wine or beer.
Admission is £5 per car, including free entry into the treasure hunt.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 4 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 5 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Also on the Saturday there will be an evening concert with Crossfire at the village hall field.
The field will be open at 6pm and the band
should strike up around 8pm. Visitors are invited to bring a picnic and a bar will be open.
Tickets are £5, call 01362 684458 or just turn up on the night.
Sunday, July 6 sees a repeat of Saturday's daytime programme.
On Friday, July, 4 there is a concert with The Thronhill Singers at All Saints'Church, starting at 7.30pm
Tickets are £7, including a free glass of wine and savouries -from 01362 683231.
Proceeds to All Saints' Church, the village hall, and the air ambulance.