Scarecrows will be out in force on July 5 and 6 for the Wood Norton Scarecrow Weekend.The event will be officially opened on the Saturday by Wally Webb and visitors will be able to stroll around the village or take a tractor ride to see more than 30 scarecrows between 10am and 4pm.
Scarecrows will be out in force on July 5 and 6 for the Wood Norton Scarecrow Weekend.
The event will be officially opened on the Saturday by Wally Webb and visitors will be able to stroll around the village or take a tractor ride to see more than 30 scarecrows between 10am and 4pm.
There will also be numerous stalls, including a tombola, white elephant, plants , cakes, craft stands, a miniature railway, bowling, a story-teller and the unmistakable sounds of a beautiful organ from Thursford.
Tea and cakes will be served or you can enjoy a ploughman's lunch
You may also want to watch:
with a glass of wine or beer.
Admission is £5 per car, including free entry into the treasure hunt.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
Also on the Saturday there will be an evening concert with Crossfire at the village hall field.
The field will be open at 6pm and the band
should strike up around 8pm. Visitors are invited to bring a picnic and a bar will be open.
Tickets are £5, call 01362 684458 or just turn up on the night.
Sunday, July 6 sees a repeat of Saturday's daytime programme.
On Friday, July, 4 there is a concert with The Thronhill Singers at All Saints'Church, starting at 7.30pm
Tickets are £7, including a free glass of wine and savouries -from 01362 683231.
Proceeds to All Saints' Church, the village hall, and the air ambulance.