Scrap heap challenge for artists
An inaugural scrap heap art challenge is to be held on the north Norfolk coast to promote green living. Artists or school groups who want to get creative with scrap and recyclable materials are being invited to take part in the event in April.
An inaugural scrap heap art challenge is to be held on the north Norfolk coast to promote green living.
Artists or school groups who want to get creative with scrap and recyclable materials are being invited to take part in the event in April.
It is part of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping and Deepdale Farm annual North Norfolk Coast Earth Day on Thursday, April 22.
The Scrap Heap Art Challenge will take place throughout the day and scrap and recyclable items will be made available on the Deepdale site for people to create sculptures or art pieces that will then be displayed around the backpackers and campsite.
You may also want to watch:
Artists will have from 9am to 3.30pm to create their artwork, when they will be judged and prizes awarded.
Artists will be promoted on the Deepdale website (www.deepdalefarm.co.uk) and the winning artist or school team will win a stay in a tipi and be invited to be a judge at next years Scrap Heap Art Challenge.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Interested artists should contact Andrea Bramhall at Deepdale on 01485 210256 or email email@example.com
For more information on the North Norfolk Coast Earth Day please visit www.deepdalefarm.co.uk/earthday