Six spectacular fireworks displays in mid-Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Bonfire night is just around the corner and schools, sports clubs, village halls and charities are gearing up for some spectacular displays. Here are six of the biggest and brightest fireworks events taking place in mid-Norfolk . . .
This year's Wymondham Rugby Club fireworks display promises to be the biggest and best yet. With hot drinks and food, a bar and entertainment, the gates open at 6.30pm, with fireworks at 7.30pm. The display is at the club grounds on Tuttles Lane and tickets are £5 (£4 children 5-16, under 4s free).
East Tuddenham Hall and Social Club will be hosting a fireworks display and disco on Nov 3 at 6.30pm. The fire will be lit at 6.30pm, with fireworks at 7pm, followed by a barbecue and disco. Donations welcome on the night, with proceeds going towards next year's event.
You may also want to watch:
Swanton Morley's popular annual fireworks event runs at the village hall, on Manns Lane, on Nov 3. Including tasty food and entertainment, the event raises funds for community projects. Gates open at 5pm and fireworks are from 7pm.
- 1 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 2 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 3 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
Lenwade House Hotel, on Fakenham Road, will be setting the sky alight with a spectacular fireworks display from Skylit Pyrotechnics on November 3. Attractions will include a barbecue and a bouncy castle, with glow sticks, sweets and popcorn also on sale. Gates open at 5pm, with the bonfire lit at 6pm and the fireworks display at 6.30pm. Tickets, priced £8 (£4 children), are available in advance only from the hotel on 01603 879567 or www.lenwadehouse.co.uk
Corpusty's hugely popular annual bonfire and fireworks display kicks off with a torchlit procession through the village at 6pm on November 3. Held on the village green, the event will include hot food and a giant bonfire, which will be lit at 8pm. Admission by donation.
Swaffham charity fireworks display, at Swaffham Raceway on November 4, promises to be bigger and better than ever. With a large funfair and hot food, the event is raising cash for three local charities. Gates open at 4pm, with displays at 6pm and 6.45pm. Tickets, priced £5 (£2 children) are available on the night, or from Talulah's Fashion House, in Plowright Place.