Special treats for mum at Gressenhall day out
- Credit: Archant
Flowers, fudge and a film are on the agenda this Sunday as a special treat for all mums visiting Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse.
Their Mother's Day celebration also includes a free cream tea for all mums.
Children can take inspiration from the spring flowers coming into bloom across the 50-acres site and then make tissue paper flowers to give to their mums as well as decorating a pot and making hand made cards. Plants will also be available for sale.
You can meet some truly inspirational women in the new special exhibition - Inspiring Women: 100 Years of the WI. It features archives and collections from the museum and the Norfolk Federation of Women's Institutes, exploring their work in health, citizenship, food and craft. It's not just jam and Jerusalem! Chat to members of local Women's Institutes, demonstrating spring crafts.
In the Mardlers' Rest Café, a treat awaits with a free cream tea for all mothers while the whole family can enjoy sweet treats available from the Fudge Bus, an adorable split screen VW campervan filled with delicious hand-made fudge.
In the Workhouse Cinema you can relive the magic of 'Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang' – the perfect feel-good family film for Mother's Day.
Down on the farm, one of the pigs has just had a litter of adorable piglets and the ewes are looking very expectant.
- 1 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 9 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 10 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
It is a great opportunity to spoil mum on her special day and have a great day out with all the family.
Mother's Day at Gressenhall runs from 10am to 5pm.
Standard Museum admission prices apply. Norfolk Museums Pass holders free.
* Please note, during the 2015 season, work will be taking place as part of the Voices from the Workhouse Heritage Lottery Fund project. At different times, sections of the main building will be closed or empty. See the website for project updates including details of any closures.