Studio event allows visitors to uncover the region’s exceptional artistic talents
- Credit: Archant
From sculptors to painters to textile-makers - more than 500 artists across Norfolk are taking part in a 16-day celebration of art.
Norfolk and Norwich Open Studios, which runs until June 11, is now in its 23rd year and an array of artists are taking part in more than 250 venues across the county.
The event traditionally attracts thousands of visitors each year with an estimated 28,000 people enjoying watching the artists at work in 2016.
The artists involved this year span the entire visual arts spectrum, including working in woodturning, sculpture, glass work, papercuts, painting, textiles, jewellery, printing, ceramics and mosaic.
Ros Dixon, Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios administrator, said: 'Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios has been celebrating the diversity and talent of the county's visual artists for more than 20 years.
'It's a wonderful opportunity to see and meet artists in traditional studio spaces as well as garages, sheds and spare rooms.'
As well as being able to meet the artists and see how and where they work, visitors can have fun following 17 art trails, meanwhile 13 schools are also taking part and holding exhibitions.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 6 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 7 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
NNOS Art Trails can be found at:
Breckland Artists - Reymerston, Shipdham and Watton.
Wells Art Trail - in and around Wells.
Hidden Treasures - Dereham, Scarning, Great Fransham, Worthing, Little Dunham.
Tittleshall and Whissonsett - around Tittleshall and Whissonsett.
Massingham Art Trail - Great Massingham.
Reepham Art Trail - Reepham, Kerdiston, Swannington and Wood Dalling.
Creative Art Trail (CAT) - Houghton St Giles, near Walsingham and Binham.
Schools taking part include Dereham Neatherd High School; Dereham Sixth Form College and Northgate High School, Dereham.
The studios - which are open 10am-5pm unless otherwise stated - are free to visit and the whole event is organised in partnership with Norfolk artists and in association with Wex Photographic.
For more information about all the artists taking part, visit www.nnopenstudios.org.uk.
There is also a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NNOpenStudios.