Studio event allows visitors to uncover the region’s exceptional artistic talents
- Credit: Archant
From sculptors to painters to textile-makers - more than 500 artists across Norfolk are taking part in a 16-day celebration of art.
Norfolk and Norwich Open Studios, which runs until June 11, is now in its 23rd year and an array of artists are taking part in more than 250 venues across the county.
The event traditionally attracts thousands of visitors each year with an estimated 28,000 people enjoying watching the artists at work in 2016.
The artists involved this year span the entire visual arts spectrum, including working in woodturning, sculpture, glass work, papercuts, painting, textiles, jewellery, printing, ceramics and mosaic.
Ros Dixon, Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios administrator, said: 'Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios has been celebrating the diversity and talent of the county's visual artists for more than 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a wonderful opportunity to see and meet artists in traditional studio spaces as well as garages, sheds and spare rooms.'
As well as being able to meet the artists and see how and where they work, visitors can have fun following 17 art trails, meanwhile 13 schools are also taking part and holding exhibitions.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 4 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 5 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 8 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
NNOS Art Trails can be found at:
Breckland Artists - Reymerston, Shipdham and Watton.
Wells Art Trail - in and around Wells.
Hidden Treasures - Dereham, Scarning, Great Fransham, Worthing, Little Dunham.
Tittleshall and Whissonsett - around Tittleshall and Whissonsett.
Massingham Art Trail - Great Massingham.
Reepham Art Trail - Reepham, Kerdiston, Swannington and Wood Dalling.
Creative Art Trail (CAT) - Houghton St Giles, near Walsingham and Binham.
Schools taking part include Dereham Neatherd High School; Dereham Sixth Form College and Northgate High School, Dereham.
The studios - which are open 10am-5pm unless otherwise stated - are free to visit and the whole event is organised in partnership with Norfolk artists and in association with Wex Photographic.
For more information about all the artists taking part, visit www.nnopenstudios.org.uk.
There is also a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NNOpenStudios.