Tickets sell fast for Dereham production of hit musical Hairspray
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are selling like hot cakes, or should that be hot tongs, for DOSYTCo's next musical performance.
The youth arm of Dereham Theatre Company is putting on Broadway show Hairspray from April 8 to 11 at the Memorial Hall and the production team said half the tickets for the Saturday night sold within 24 hours. The company is the first in Norfolk to perform this musical.
So to catch this lively upbeat show with some fantastic musical numbers you are advised to book your tickets as soon as possible.
The show is set in Baltimore in 1962 and tells the story of Tracy Turnblad, an overweight teenager with all the right moves, who is obsessed with the Corny Collins Show, particularly dancer Link Larkin, much to her mother Edna's dismay.
After one of the stars of the show leaves, Corny Collins holds auditions to see who take their place.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of her friend Seaweed, Tracy makes it on the show, angering the evil dance queen Amber Von Tussle and her mother Velma. Tracy then decides that it's not fair that the black kids can only dance on the show once a month, and pulls out all the stops to integrate the show.....without denting her 'do.
With music by Marc Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman the DOSYTCo show is directed by Chris Dilley, with musical director Helen Cowie and choreographer Jodie Quirke.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
The show, from April 8 to 11, will be performed every night at 7.30pm and a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Tickets from The Little Gallery on Norwich Street, 01362 690969 or online at www.dosoc.co.uk.