Town councillor's rock band has French gig
A rock and roll band featuring a Dereham councillor will be flying the flag for the town when it plays its first gig abroad later this year.Polaris, which includes town and district councillor Robin Goreham, will play a concert in Caudebec Les Elbeuf in Normandy, France, on March 27.
A rock and roll band featuring a Dereham councillor will be flying the flag for the town when it plays its first gig abroad later this year.
Polaris, which includes town and district councillor Robin Goreham, will play a concert in Caudebec Les Elbeuf in Normandy, France, on March 27.
Dereham is twinned with Caudebec Les Elbeuf and the concert is part of a weekend visit by members of the Dereham-Caudebec Twinning Association.
Mr Goreham, the band's lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist, said: 'The band has already played around 25 shows all over the county since our launch last year. We are looking forward to performing our blend of 50s/60s/70s rock'n'roll and pop in Caudebec.'
You may also want to watch:
Lead guitarist and vocalist Dave George added: 'We're delighted to be asked to play this concert and do our bit to promote harmony and closer links with our European friends. It's a great honour to be asked.'
The band, which also included Daryl Willis on bass guitar and stand-up bass, and Stephen Nobbs on drums, officially launched last July with a charity concert for Mid Norfolk Mencap at Dereham Memorial Hall.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
Polaris would like to thank the Twinning Association for making the event possible, particularly Alan West and Dereham's mayor Ann Bowyer.
For more information about Polaris and a list of their future concert dates visit www.myspace.com/polarisdereham or www.norfolkgigguide.com
Polaris will also be playing at the Toftwood Social Centre on Saturday, January 16.
Anybody interested in joining the Twinning Association should contact Bridget Morton on 01362 696758.