Vet's last charity sale for Ghurka welfare Trust
A war veteran who has raised thousands of pounds for the Ghurka Welfare Trust for 15 years is holding his last annual sale in Reepham this weekend.Ken Harman, of The Moor, is 87 and says he must give up organising the annual sale.
A war veteran who has raised thousands of pounds for the Ghurka Welfare Trust for 15 years is holding his last annual sale in Reepham this weekend.
Ken Harman, of The Moor, is 87 and says he must give up organising the annual sale.
His father served in the first world war and was pulled to safety across no man's land by a Ghurka who he was never able to thank.
It will be held in the Brewery House Hotel conference room on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm both days.
There will be lots for sale and refreshments available.
To read more about Mr Harman and his charity work read next week's Dereham Times.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 4 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 5 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 6 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 7 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition