Vet's last charity sale for Ghurka welfare Trust
A war veteran who has raised thousands of pounds for the Ghurka Welfare Trust for 15 years is holding his last annual sale in Reepham this weekend.Ken Harman, of The Moor, is 87 and says he must give up organising the annual sale.
A war veteran who has raised thousands of pounds for the Ghurka Welfare Trust for 15 years is holding his last annual sale in Reepham this weekend.
Ken Harman, of The Moor, is 87 and says he must give up organising the annual sale.
His father served in the first world war and was pulled to safety across no man's land by a Ghurka who he was never able to thank.
It will be held in the Brewery House Hotel conference room on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm both days.
There will be lots for sale and refreshments available.
To read more about Mr Harman and his charity work read next week's Dereham Times.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 4 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 5 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 6 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 7 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 8 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 9 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park