Warren Mailley-Smith Dereham concert
OUTSTANDING young pianist Warren Mailley-Smith is to perform at the Assembly Rooms in Dereham on Sunday.He has been described as one of the UK's outstanding pianists of his generation and was recently proposed as a new Steinway Artist.
OUTSTANDING young pianist Warren Mailley-Smith is to perform at the Assembly Rooms in Dereham on Sunday.
He has been described as one of the UK's outstanding pianists of his generation and was recently proposed as a new Steinway Artist. He made his Carnegie Hall, New York, debut last year and his solo Wigmore Hall debut was given to critical acclaim before a capacity audience. He has been awarded several performances at the Southbank Centre in the Purcell Room and at the Queen Elizabeth Hall. His debut recitals at Birmingham Symphony Hall and St John's Smith Square have also been enthusiastically received. He has been invited to perform for the Royal Family on more than 30 occasions.
Warren has performed in the USA, Russia, China (at the Beijing International Piano Festival), Australia and throughout Europe.
For his Dereham recital he will be playing works by Bach, Mozart, Greig, Beethoven, Liszt and Chopin using a clavinova digital piano.
Tickets for the concert, which begins at 3pm are available from Sounds, Nelson Place, Dereham or on 01362 693277. Ticket price �7.50 including traditional afternoon tea.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 6 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault