Youth theatre company delights with Return to the Forbidden Planet
- Credit: Archant
The fabulous 1950s and old-school science fiction met at light speed in a youth drama group's latest production.
Dereham Operatic Society Youth Theatre Company (DOSYTCo) hosted a successful four-day run of Return to the Forbidden Planet, a jukebox musical originally billed as 'Shakespeare's forgotten rock and roll masterpiece'.
Youngsters aged between nine and 18 took the stage at the town's Memorial Hall for the production, which is based on Shakespeare's The Tempest and the 1956 classic sci-fi film Forbidden Planet.
Cast members were dressed in the glamorous costumes of the 1950s, with the addition of a couple of out-of-this-world characters.
The musical features rock 'n' roll hits of the Fifties and Sixties such as Great Balls of Fire, The Monster Mash and Good Vibrations.
You may also want to watch:
The theatre company will now start preparing for its autumn musical, Rent, which will run from October 1-5.
The company's annual general meeting, its 71st, will take place on April 29 at The Studio.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze